Ski the Loppet from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
February 2, 2020
Once a year on Super Bowl Sunday, cross country skiers have a chance to ski a unique route from Harbor Springs to Cross Village. This year's event was rescheduled to February 24 due to snow conditions. The Loppet Nordic ski tour traverses 16 miles of public and private land allowing skiers access to some spectacular Northern Michigan ski trails.
Sponsored by The Outfitter in Harbor Springs, the Loppet is a ski tour that has been a winter celebration for more than 3 decades. Each year, the trail is determined-it varies each year-and is groomed by snowmobiles for several weeks prior. Skiers can ski the entire route or begin at two other spots.
A Loppet is a social ski tour that traverses miles of trails. This year, the Loppet begins on LaCount Road. Skiers can also start the Loppet at one of the two aid stations on Middle Village and Wilderness Road. The trail winds through logging trails, open fields, and woods. The tour ends at the Crow's Nest restaurant for food and celebration. Registration for the Loppet is limited to 120 skiers.
153 E. Main St.
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
More Northern Michigan Winter Info...
- Cross Country Ski Series at Nub's Nob
- Ski, Board, Snow Conditions Up North
- Winter Fun Up North!
- Winter Activities for Kids & Families
- Sledding and Ice Skating in Northern Michigan
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Northern Michigan
- Cross Country Ski Trails in Northern Michigan
- Boyne Mountain Skiing & Boarding, Boyne Falls in Northern Michigan
- Ski and Snowboard at Boyne Highlands in Harbor Springs
- Nub's Nob Skiing & Snowboarding
Uniquely Harbor Springs...
- 10 Top Attractions in Harbor Springs
- M-119 Tunnel of Trees from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
- Harbor Springs History Museum
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
- The Andrew J. Blackbird Museum
- Harbor Springs Art Galleries Entice Art Lovers
- The Little Traverse Lighthouse on Harbor Point
- Business Properties Available in Harbor Springs
- Travel Information for Harbor Springs in Northern Michigan
- Little Traverse Conservancy
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in Northern Michigan:
Harbor Springs, Michigan -- Harbor Springs is the place to try new things! Rent a bike or a kayak, go snow tubing, attend a concert or an art fair, or play a round of golf with friends.
Petoskey -- There's so much to do in Petoskey from the Bear River Valley Recreation Area, to Petoskey State Park, to biking, golfing, hiking, and more.
Charlevoix, Michigan -- Visiting Charlevoix in Northern Michigan is a fun-filled vacation with great beaches, boating, skiing, fishing and year 'round family fun.
Things to Do in Boyne City, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like Boyne City in Northern Michigan with camping, boating, skiing, year 'round outdoor activities, and of course, the morel mushroom!
Lots of Activities in Mackinaw City, Michigan -- Explore Mackinaw City in Northern Michigan for history, the International Dark Sky Park, and outdoor activities.
Mackinac Island -- Take a step back in time and find lots of things to do when you visit Mackinac Island by horseback or bike--no cars allowed!
Northern Michigan Activities & Things to Do -- Northern Michigan offers many fun things to do for the entire family whatever the season, whatever the reason!